[aur-general] Gzipped kernel modules

Thomas S Hatch thatch45 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 17:52:14 EST 2011

I am the maintainer of libguestfs in the AUR, and to run it uses insmod to
load kernel modules into a specialized vm.

The problem I am running into is that insmod cannot load the new gz kernel
modules, so I unzipped them all to see if that would solve the problem, but
now insmod does not seem to load them in the correct order.

Does anyone know of a way to get insmod to load gzipped kernel modules? Or
is there a way to install the latest kernel without gzipped modules?

-Thomas S Hatch