[aur-general] AUR 1.8.1 - Can No Longer Upload Packages

Ray Rashif schiv at archlinux.org
Sun Mar 13 23:59:38 EDT 2011

On 14 March 2011 10:32, Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de> wrote:
> Could the reason be some syntax errors?
> There are a lot of quotation marks too much. And the settings of your
> quotation marks seem to be quite inconsistent.

It would be funny if the AUR rejected PKGBUILDs due to syntax "errors"
or inconsistency [1], especially this one where curly braces and
double quotes merely dictate whether the build succeeds - not whether
it is a valid PKGBUILD.

On 14 March 2011 11:44, Tony C <crt.011 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Apologies for the noise. AUR does not reject my package now after first
> creating the directory name for the package I have. I do not ever
> remember needing to create a special directory before. So I simply did
> mkdir package-name and tar'd that up containing my source files.

That does not tally with what you confirmed with us earlier - that you
had tried 'makepkg --source'.

[1] http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2010-February/011272.html