[aur-general] Does AUR reject splited packages PKGUBILD?

Thomas S Hatch thatch45 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 01:22:12 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 11:11 PM, 郑文辉 <techlivezheng at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/3/18 Thomas S Hatch <thatch45 at gmail.com>:
> > On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 9:13 PM, 郑文辉 <techlivezheng at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I wanted to update an splited packages PKGBUILD,but it said the
> >> pkgname does not allowed charcters but alphabetic,How can I upload
> >> such a PKGBUILD instead of split it into two PKGBUILDS?
> >>

> > The AUR has problems parsing split pkgbuilds, you have to trick the AUR.
> > There is an example here:
> > https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/splittest/PKGBUILD
> >

> I have noticed that,but it seems the splited packages could not be
> seen or searched,just can be download and compiled along with the base
> package?

Yes, a split package in the AUR can only be seen by the basename, so using
tools like yaourt will install all components of the split package.

This is a known bug in the AUR, the problem is that parsing split pkgbuilds
can be tricky to parse.

Namcap recently got a grip on parsing split pkgbuilds, we might see this
capability in the AUR, but don't hold your breath