[aur-general] Should nvidia(-beta)-all replace all the other nvidia-* packages in the AUR?

Det nimetonmaili at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 14:19:41 EDT 2011

Helloooo,

So I've been thinking about this for some time now and I finally
decided to ask the ones who know the best: would it be enough to only
have 'nvidia-beta-all' and 'nvidia-all' in the AUR to replace all
those nvidia-ice, nvidia-bfs, eg. packages? (Decluding nvidia-utils*,
of course.)

As far as I can think of, I can't see any downside(s) (whatsoever) of
using those *-all packages instead of those 'specifc-kernel' packages,
since they do in fact auto-detect all the kernels on the system.

Now to the important part: what do you think?

  Det