[aur-general] svn tweak

Peter Lewis plewis at aur.archlinux.org
Mon Mar 21 05:15:47 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011, Ray Rashif wrote:
> Is the packaging workflow not clear enough from the guidelines?

I have to admit (and I don't intend to offend anyone) that I found it a little
confusing at first, though the "how to be a packager" page appears to have
become a little clearer recently :-)

It confused me a little that the "How to use SVN" and "The Process" sections are
separate but cover some of the same matierial, though the latter with e.g.
communitypkg, which then doesn't require some of the aforementioned steps.

I guess looking back it might have been helpful to have the process laid out
separately for the use cases of "I want to add, build and release a new package"
and "I am maintaining a package and want to upgrade it, build it and release
it".

Does this make sense?

Pete.

PS. Having said that, I don't think there's any major problem with the
instructions (but since you asked, eh?) We all obviously learnt how to do it
(unless I was the one who made the mistakes and everyone's being very polite!)