[aur-general] Should nvidia(-beta)-all replace all the other nvidia-* packages in the AUR?

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 09:43:28 EDT 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 9:15 PM, Det <nimetonmaili at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/19/11, Ike Devolder <ike.devolder at gmail.com> wrote:
>> For me its all the same, you can remove the nvidia-bede package
>> from aur
>>
>> i'll keep it in my own source tree because the nvidia-all package
>> assumes the kernel version as the running version
>>
>> most of the time i build for a kernen which is not running at the time
>>
>> Ike (aka BlackEagle)
>
> I would really like people to hand out more oppinions about this.
>
> This is implicating a lot of packages.
>
>        Det

Hmm, didn't see the email from Devolder. Having written the initial
nvidia-beta-all package, I can assure you that nvidia-beta-all (and
nvidia-all which Det maintains) builds the modules for all installed
kernels. uname -r is not used at all, a bit of sed hackery lists down
the installed kernels and builds nvidia modules for each of them.