[aur-general] cairo-compmgr in [community]

Florian Pritz bluewind at server-speed.net
Mon Mar 28 06:16:58 EDT 2011

> I did not noticed cairo-compmgr in [community] has switched to git
> version. I'm maintaining the cairo-compmgr-git [1] in AUR. Maybe there
> is some redundancy and the git version may be deleted. However if this
> only a temporary situation awaiting for a new upstream release then the
> AUR package should be kept.
>
> Does somebody know more about this package?

It doesn't compile with our vala anymore and there have been multiple vala related patches and also some refactoring iirc. It was easier to use git than try to backport the patches.
Especially after taking a look at their bug tracker [1] and git repo (hardly any recent commits) I didn't feel like getting in touch with upstream would help a lot. Maybe I'll contact them next week end.

[1] http://cairo-compmgr.tuxfamily.org/bugs/