[aur-general] Dealing with python-* versus python2-* packages

Aaron DeVore aaron.devore at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 15:21:06 EDT 2011

I started maintaining some Python 2 packages that currently use the
python- prefix, but need to be renamed to use python2-. Python 3
versions will soon come out, so I don't want people using the python-*
package until then. I want to still have the packages in the AUR so
that someone doesn't accidentally recreate the python-* package. How
do I make sure that people don't use the python-* packages until it's
appropriate?

-Aaron DeVore