[aur-general] Package Removal Request: glc

Austin Beatty doorknob60 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 23:35:12 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 1:35 AM, Wieland Hoffmann <themineo at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hello, Austin Beatty:
>
> > https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16947
> >
> > Since GLC moved from its old site to github, there aren't any (or I
> > can't find any) tarballs of glc, so now the only way to download it
> > is via git,
>
> You can download tarballs from a Github repository by clicking the
> "downloads" button.  When looking at a specific commit in the
> repository, you can also download a tarball of the repository at the
> time of the commit.
>
> --
> Wieland

Okay I found that, but the PKGBUILD doesn't like to use that because wget
and the redirection used in those URLs just kinda screws everything up, and
the fact is that the glc-git package gives almost the exact same thing
(actually I think it might be the same, I don't think there have been any
changes since the 0.5.8 stable release, this is a relatively inactive
project at the moment). Basically, what I'm saying is that I understand if
you guys decide not to delete this package, but I no longer feel like
maintaining it right now, so I'll be disowning it, and it will just be
sitting in the AUR in its current broken state. Since the glc-git package
provides with the exact same thing in the end, I'll just focus on that from
now on.