[aur-general] Orphans [extra] repository cleanup

Andrea Scarpino andrea at archlinux.org
Wed May 4 01:44:15 CEST 2011

Hi DEVs/TUs,
I'm again on the cleanup of orphans packages in the [extra] repository; this
time with a small list[1].

The list is based on orphans packages needed by none.

I don't see very important packages there, but chromium, krusader, mc and
proftpd which maybe should be kept in [extra]; though they will probably find
their maintainers in [community].

As the last time (more than 7 months ago), please cross out the packages you
want to keep in [extra]. Adoption is not required, but it would be nice.

If you are a TU you can ask to maintain a package writing its name to the
"Candidate to [community]" list[2].

I invite all you maintainers to check the orphans packages on the Arch
website, many are maintained packages where the maintainer simply forgot to
adopt it.

Thanks

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Repo_Cleanup
[2]