[aur-general] Package Removal Request: glc

Austin Beatty doorknob60 at gmail.com
Thu May 5 02:12:23 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 3:27 AM, Kwpolska <kwpolska at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 08:35:12PM -0700, Austin Beatty wrote:
> > Okay I found that, but the PKGBUILD doesn't like to use that because wget
> > and the redirection used in those URLs just kinda screws everything up
>
> The default URL is `https', which has `--no-check-certificate' in
> makepkg.conf.
> However, you always can patch makepkg.conf to include it for http, which is
> redirected to https (a patch is attached).
>
> --
> Cheers,
> -- Kwpolska (http://kwpolska.co.cc)
> O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail - www.asciiribbon.org

I don't think the problem is related to the https, the problem is that it
saves the files just called "stable" rather than glc.tar.gz or whatever, and
since I need to have multiple files and it wants to save them all to the
file, it doesn't work. Yeah, I could get all hacky and not put the files
under sources and manually download them with wget and the -O option, but
that's not ideal and I honestly don't care anymore at this point. Thanks for
the tip though.