[aur-general] AUR cleanup

Nicola Bignami nicola at kernel-panic.dnsdojo.net
Mon Nov 7 12:41:42 EST 2011

I see that there are more than 6700 orphan packages. Of those, more than
2400 are also flagged out of date (some packages have not been updated
since 2007).
Many packages are only waiting for a new maintainer but I think that
many are only waiting to be scrapped as they're already been replaced by
some other package in the AUR or in the community repository (or just
become obsolete).

I'm wondering if the time has come to look into them to find out what
worth to keep and what have to be removed and thus do some cleanup.

If can be useful, I can start working on it.