[aur-general] AUR cleanup

gadget3000 gadget3000 at msn.com
Mon Nov 7 15:22:20 EST 2011

On 7 November 2011 19:40, Matej Ľach <matej.lach at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 07/11/11 19:30, 郑文辉 wrote:
>
>> 在 2011-11-8 上午3:09,"Stefan Wilkens"<stefanwilkens at gmail.**com<stefanwilkens at gmail.com>
>> >写道:
>>
>>  2011/11/7 Nicola Bignami<nicola at kernel-panic.**dnsdojo.net<nicola at kernel-panic.dnsdojo.net>

>>> since

>>> worth

>>> Arch to me, but some criteria should be stated. Many packages that
>>> depend on python v2, for instance, are simply broken because they were
>>> not properly updated to reflect repository changes [1]. The goal with
>>> these packages should likely be to adapt the build, not consider them
>>> broken.
>>>
>>> Perhaps create a page on the wiki so that this work can be shared with
>>> others in the community. Such a page might also allow us to have a
>>> nice final list that can be fed to the nearest TU in one go, rather
>>> than a flood of deletion requests.
>>>
>>> Should you initiate this, I would surely help out. Who knows what fun
>>> software one might run into :)
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.archlinux.org/news/**python-is-now-python-3/<http://www.archlinux.org/news/python-is-now-python-3/>
>>>

>> Maybe we should have some category system to help manage the PKGBUILDs in
>> AUR.We can tag them by "package whith third-party patch" , "CVS package"
>> ,"SVN package","GIT package","nightly builds","Beta version","need
>> review","need to be dropped" and so on.Let the community vote for each tag
>> to produce a squence of some tag ie. "need to be dropped" to let the TUs
>> working on.
>>
> (As a user) - I think this is a great idea.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Matej Ľach
>
> e-mail: contact at matej-lach.net
> web: www.matej-lach.net
>
> Use Arch Linux on your desktop and CyanogenMod on your mobile device!

aurdupes is good place to start because it lists packages that already
exist in repos, among other things.

During my AUR cleaning over summer I made a script to help me find packages
that could be deleted. It's very buggy and incomplete but I've attached it
for you or anyone else to use or build upon.

Gadget3000