[aur-general] Orphaning a 1000 packages

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Thu Nov 17 13:38:48 EST 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 09:15:32AM +0100, Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 10:22:45PM +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
> > I'm the current maintainer of ArchHaskell and within the small team
> > we've reached the decision to drop support for the huge set of package
> > owned by the user arch-haskell on AUR.
> >
> > Currently we maintain 300+ binary packages, and we'd like to keep them
> > on AUR.  All others should be orphaned (or removed).  Doing that
> > manually would be painful to say the least, are there any tools that
> > assist with mass-orphaning?
>
> Create a list of packages (plain text, one package per line) and
> I'll orphan them.

I tried sending the list privately, but maybe it didn't make it to
you.  Anyway, I've uploaded a list, it's all packages owned by the
user arch-haskell.

http://therning.org/magnus_files/arch-haskell-pkgs.txt

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Perl is another example of filling a tiny, short-term need, and then
being a real problem in the longer term.
     -- Alan Kay