[aur-general] Update request for supertuxkart

Sven-Hendrik Haase sh at lutzhaase.com
Fri Nov 18 13:40:15 EST 2011

Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de> wrote:

>Hi TUs,
>
>may I request an update of supertuxkart in [community]?
>
>It's already flagged as out-of-date since 2011-04-15 and was last
>updated on 2010-12-21. Meanwhile the third update was released by
>upstream. The latest version in [community] is 0.7, the latest upstream
>version is 0.7.3.
>
>So it would be nice if it would be updated in [community], too.
>
>Heiko

This has come up a bunch of times already. I can't update due to incompatible irrlicht versions. They need a version of irrlicht that is not released and I'm not going to package irrlicht straight from svn. I've bothered irrlicht about a release 3 times this year but obviously to no avail.

So sorry, the stk devs made a fairly stupid decision and I can't help it. I wont patch the hell out of stk either.

-- Sven-Hendrik