[aur-general] Update request for supertuxkart

Heiko Baums jheaton at archlinux.us
Sat Nov 19 00:22:52 EST 2011

Am Sat, 19 Nov 2011 02:17:10 +0100
schrieb Sven-Hendrik Haase <sh at lutzhaase.com>:

> A better solution is likely to package irrlicht straight from svn but
> I'm not sure I feel comfortable with that.
>
> It would at least need to conflict.

This is what upstream of supertuxkart has written:
"note that at this time SuperTuxKart uses irrlicht trunk, so you may
need to build and install irrlicht from their SVN. We hope irrlicht 1.8
will be released soon and then distributions can start including it in
their repositories"

http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/Installation

And here is a thread in the forums of irrlicht upstream about that:
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37207&start=210

To the question "When is 1.8 due to get out ?" someone replied among
others: "You can get the SVN right now, conveniently through Irrlicht
Nightly Builds."

So maybe you should indeed still hold off updating both. I mean
supertuxkart 0.7 works and there are -svn packages in AUR if someone
needs them. I just didn't know about the dependency issues.

Heiko