[aur-general] TU Application - Timothy Redaelli

Timothy Redaelli timothy.redaelli at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 07:30:39 EST 2011

Hi,
I thought about applying as a TU for some time now, I think the
selection of packages provided by Arch is already great but there is
always space for additional quality software in community and I hope
to help with that.

Here's a little background about myself:
I'm a 27yr old italian guy, working as a embedded developer in a broadband
company.

I started to use linux with Corel Linux, then I passed to Mandrake, but I hate
the RPM packaging system so I switched to Debian, mainly for its stability.
In 2006 I became a Gentoo Developer [1] (Member of net-im, ppc and voip herds),
Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/BSD and Gentoo/FreeBSD deputy lead for 2 years.
I'm using ArchLinux since 2009 and I think it's the better distribution out
there.

Like I said, I am a developer at heart and I released some opensource
applications [2] and I helper with several project, as you can see in my ohloh
profile [3].

I am a confident developer who loves the C language, but I
also use SH scripting (both POSIX and Bash) and other
languages.

I selected an initial list of AUR PKGBUILDs I plan to move
to community:

- netselect
- httrack
- httperf

You can see on the AUR [4] that I maintain already a pretty long list of
PKGBUILDs including the popular sshpass and ragel.

Andrea Scarpino is sponsoring my application as a trusted user.

If you have any question, just ask.

Thanks!

[1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/149111?id=149111
[2] https://github.com/drizztbsd/