[aur-general] TU Application - Timothy Redaelli

Timothy Redaelli timothy.redaelli at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 12:08:03 EST 2011

Hi,
I'm resending the TU application signed with GPG and with some
corrections.

Here's a little background about myself:
I'm a 27 years old italian guy. I'm mainly working as a linux embedded
developer in a broadband company and sometimes I work as a system
administrator.

I started to use linux with Corel Linux, then I passed to Mandrake,
but I hate the RPM packaging system so I switched to Debian, mainly for
its stability.
In 2006 I became a Gentoo Developer [1] (Member of net-im, ppc and
voip herds), Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/BSD and Gentoo/FreeBSD deputy lead
for 2 years.
I'm using ArchLinux since 2009 and I think it's the better distribution
out there.

Like I said, I am a developer and I released some opensource
applications [2] and I helped with several project, as you can see
in my ohloh profile [3].

I am a professional C developer (both in userspace and kernel space),
but I also use SH scripting (both POSIX and Bash) and other languages.

I selected a list of AUR PKGBUILDs I plan to move to community:

- sshpass
- libp11
- ragel
- sub2srt
- netselect
- httrack

You can see on the AUR [4] that I maintain already a pretty long
list of PKGBUILDs including the popular sshpass and ragel.

Andrea Scarpino is sponsoring my application as a trusted user.

If you have any other question, please ask.

Thanks!

[1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/149111?id=149111
[2] https://github.com/drizztbsd/
[3] https://www.ohloh.net/accounts/drizzt