[aur-general] Please remove my AUR account

Moritz Wilhelmy moritz at wzff.de
Wed Nov 30 13:07:29 EST 2011

Hello Heiko, Hello list,

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 14:00:44 +0100, Heiko Baums wrote:
> And the comparison to the German wall is also improper.

It seems it was enough to get your attention. It had to be either a foul
wall comparison or a foul Facebook comparison, although Facebook would
probably have been less off than what I said, being cool and in the web
and all.

Would you have replied without an insult or politically incorrectness,
striking up the debate? I'm sorry for insulting you, but I think we
should either drop this or take it off-list. Contrary to popular belief,
I'm just someone who likes to speak openly, not a "rude person", but
someone you can actually talk to.
(See the bottom of http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=17039, and
yes, I still believe the criticism was valid at that point, but I could
have said it more politely. This is just another example of me being an
asshole sometimes, but I don't usually mean it. "He who is without being
the occasional asshole on the internet among you, let him to be the
first to throw a stone at me. Ow. That hurts.")

Chances might be that someone hacks my "dead" account and uses it for
posting malicious PKGBUILDs. After all, the AUR is written in PHP, no?
PHP had some very serious and embarassing security issues in the not too
distant past, and there is no guarantee that this will not happen again
tomorrow or maybe next week. This would clear my conciousness that
there's somewhere an account lurking in the dark. Someone might then
mistake me for the account owner and blame me for the malicious doings
of a third party.

I will - and that's One Hundred Percent certain - never use this account
again. It was sometimes fun working with some of you, but I
fundamentally disagree with Arch's interpretation of "lightweight" and
the way releases are handled, but this has nothing to do in this thread
and will supposedly be taken as a flamebait (because "KISS" and
"rolling-release" seems to be the holy grail of using Arch and
disagreeing is taken as a personal insult by many users). I do not want
a flamewar, just to clarify my reasons, since some of you seem to wonder
why I'd want to delete that account anyway.

If someone points me to the AUR code, I might make one very last
contribution, namely implementing a way to purge an account, with some
options like leaving forum posts intact. I also think, usernames should
not be reused, in order to avoid confusion. Over all, the project sounds
doable, however I have no idea yet how the AUR's database looks.

To Pierre, thanks for your statement.
Thanks to all of you for your past few years of cooperation (more than
two, but I didn't count how many exactly). I've learned much through
arch, but now it's time to finally say goodbye. My last remaining Arch
machine will go down on 2011-12-09.

Best regards,

Moritz