[aur-general] Please remove my AUR account

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Wed Nov 30 16:14:21 EST 2011

Moritz Wilhelmy wrote:
Dave Reisner wrote:
> the off topic train goes choo choo crash boom

Back on topic, I agree with Pierre (as I usually do in issues regarding privacy
and security).

AUR accounts should be deletable. Names can be reserved for a fixed
period (from 3 months to 1 year) to prevent confusion.

So yeah, someone who wants this now should write a patch. Here's a possible
plan:

1) Create a "disabled" table in the database (account ID, timestamp).
2) Add a disable button to the account page that inserts the user in the
   "disabled" table and removes him from the user table.
3) Have the account creation function check the "disabled" table when it checks
   for name availability.
4) Add something to purge records from "disabled" when the interval is up. Add
   it to the other housekeeping functions.

Bonus functionality:
*) provide interface to view and manage "disabled" table

Just some ideas.

Regards,
Xyne