[aur-general] Virtualbox kernel modules and initscript?

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Tue Oct 4 18:58:03 EDT 2011

Am Tue, 4 Oct 2011 18:30:39 -0400
schrieb "David J. Haines" <dhaines at gmail.com>:

> By the way, thanks to the maintainer(s) for the change. It was a
> really odd way of handling things before.

I mean, I don't mind, but is it really such a big difference if you
have to run the script /usr/bin/vboxbuild instead of the
script /etc/rc.d/vbox setup every time you have updated either the
kernel or virtualbox except that it's less typing?

Btw., wouldn't vboxbuild fit better to /bin or /usr/sbin instead
of /usr/bin since it has to be run as root?

Heiko