[aur-general] Virtualbox kernel modules and initscript?

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Tue Oct 4 19:07:11 EDT 2011

Am Tue, 4 Oct 2011 20:02:28 -0300
schrieb Ángel Velásquez <angvp at archlinux.org>:

> 2011/10/4 Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de>:
> > Am Tue, 4 Oct 2011 18:30:39 -0400
> > schrieb "David J. Haines" <dhaines at gmail.com>:
> >
> >> By the way, thanks to the maintainer(s) for the change. It was a
> >> really odd way of handling things before.
> >
> > I mean, I don't mind, but is it really such a big difference if you
> > have to run the script /usr/bin/vboxbuild instead of the
> > script /etc/rc.d/vbox setup every time you have updated either the
> > kernel or virtualbox except that it's less typing?
> >

> Dear Heiko, could you sometime stop complaining and start
> contributing? (flames or complainings are not allowed)

Didn't I said "I don't mind"? It was just a question, because David
said that the old way was "a really odd way of handling things".
So I just wanted to know where's the difference, because I don't see
one except for less typing and probably a slightly better feeling.
That's all.

Btw., I am maintaining some packages in AUR already.

Heiko