[aur-general] Orphaning some community packages

Joel Heaton jheaton at archlinux.us
Sun Oct 9 10:16:06 EDT 2011

2011/10/9 Ángel Velásquez <angvp at archlinux.org>:
> Hi people,
>
> I've been orphaning a list of packages in the few days, but I do want
> to find a maintainer first before orphaning them (*tsk* *tsk* for
> non-TU maybe if you're interested in some of them is time to apply to
> be a TU :D).
>
> Reasons to orphaning these packages are enough like (I don't need or
> won't use them on the near future, or I stopped recently to follow the
> development of them for whatever reason), so, if none of the TUs are
> interested on these packages and nobody wants to be a TU in order to
> maintain them, they will unfortunately go to AUR waiting for a new
> maintainer.
>
> Some of them have opened bugs, are out of date, please if you think in
> adopt those packages is not just "bump the pkgrel" .. please take care
> of the bugs, updates, patches, etc.
>
> The mentioned list is:
>
> ctpl
> eclipse-emf
> eclipse-gef
> eclipse-mylyn
> eclipse-phpeclipse
> eclipse-subclipse
> eclipse-ve
> geany
> geany-plugins
> lxappearance
> lxdm
> lxlauncher
> lxpanel
> lxsession
> lxtask
> lxterminal
> perl-linux-pid
> pidgin-musictracker
> pidgin-otr
> tora
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Angel Velásquez
> angvp @ irc.freenode.net
> Arch Linux Developer / Trusted User
> Linux Counter: #359909
> http://www.angvp.com

Should nobody want/be able to keep them in the community repository
and they end up dropping in to AUR, I would be happy and willing to
maintain lx* packages. Whilst I would of course like to become a TU
and contribute further, I'm not sure I'm up to the level required of
the TUs at present.

Regards,

--
Joel Heaton