[aur-general] Replacing nexuiz with xonotic

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Fri Oct 21 03:20:25 EDT 2011

[2011-10-21 08:45:46 +0200] Dieter Plaetinck:
> On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 02:50:31 +0200
> Sven-Hendrik Haase <sh at lutzhaase.com> wrote:
>
> > I'd like to see nexuiz replaced by xonotic in [community]. Problem is
> > that nexuiz is still a fairly popular package despite being dead
> > upstream. xonotic devs recommend dropping nexuiz in favor of xonotic.
> > Technically, xonotic does not replace nexuiz because its gameplay is
> > somewhat different.
> >
> > I'd like some opinions on this.
>
> hi, imho:
> different game -> additional package
> nexuiz still popular -> keep package as is.

My two cents: I'm of those who believe that we can't keep throwing 1GB
packages in the repos like there's no tomorrow. So if nexuiz and xonotic
are quite similar, it makes sense to only package one of them and save
the extra gigabyte for a different game.

--
Gaetan