[aur-general] Replacing nexuiz with xonotic

Ángel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.org
Fri Oct 21 09:43:12 EDT 2011

2011/10/21 Massimiliano Torromeo <massimiliano.torromeo at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Gaetan Bisson <bisson at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> [2011-10-21 10:00:37 +0200] Massimiliano Torromeo:
>>> If the sizes of the packages are problematic that's a different issue.
>>
>> Okay. Suppose that issue isn't entirely theoretical. How do we solve it?
>>
>> --
>> Gaetan
>>

> Well, first we should define why it is an issue.

As every _replacement_ it will be an issue, people used to the old way
will complain to the new way (in this case games). If the new game is
enough mature, have many servers, etc, then for me the "public" of
that game is getting used and you should totally bring the new one,
instead of that, stick with the old until the new one will became the
actual one.

For me, considering having the two games on the repos, yes is
excessive, as i've manifested several times, i prefeer to see 1 GB in
libraries of a language program instead of 1 GB used in an old
deprecated (according to their authors) games.

And..  Sergej, please try to focus on the problem that brings having
huge packages and add the fact if those huge packages won't be
demanded it will be a waste of space + mirror bandwidth.

Just my 10 AR$ (yes, that was the cost of the coffee that I paid while
I used the internet of that store to reply this mail :D)

--
Angel Velásquez
angvp @ irc.freenode.net