[aur-general] Replacing nexuiz with xonotic

Matej Ľach matej.lach at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 10:30:18 EDT 2011

On 21/10/11 15:21, Sven-Hendrik Haase wrote:
> "Alexander Rødseth"<rodseth at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> How about a [bloat] repo for packages over 512MB.
>>
>> - A
> That wouldn't really solve any problems though. Sigurd would host that repo nonetheless so the same restrictions apply.
>
> -- Sven-Hendrik
I am not sure why direct donnations are no longer accepted, but
especially now, when Arch's popularity is raising rapidly, [5th place at
distrowatch] I think it would be suitable to launch them again.

Linux Mint for example, is able to cover the majority of their server
costs through subscribers and donors.
Why not Arch?
Is this somehow conflicting the Arch Way?

I think at least for a dedicated server[s] for large and often
downloaded packages this could work.

--
Best Regards,
Matej Ľach

e-mail: contact at matej-lach.net
web: www.matej-lach.net

Use Arch Linux on your desktop and CyanogenMod on your mobile device!