[aur-general] Aur error: Invalid name: only lowercase letters are allowed.

Ike Devolder ike.devolder at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 15:14:01 EDT 2011

Op 23-10-11 21:00, Ondřej Kučera schreef:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to upload and updated PKGBUILD for my package
> spring-framework but I'm getting the error message "Invalid name: only
> lowercase letters are allowed.". I've never seen this before and also
> this is the first PKGBUILD with package splitting I've ever tried to
> upload so I guess it may be related (makepkg doesn't complain though).
> The significant parts of PKGBUILD look as follows:
>
> pkgname=('spring-framework' 'spring-framework-doc')
> pkgbase='spring-framework'
> pkgver=3.0.6
> pkgrel=1
> build() {
> }
> package_spring-framework() {
> }
> package_spring-framework-doc() {
> }
>
> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Ondřej

you could add in the beginning

pkgname='spring-framework'
true && pkgname=('spring-framework' 'spring-framework-doc')

then makepkg will not complain and build a split package and aur will
accept it as it is a normal package

and if you have per split descriptions you can add a global description
at the end of your pkgbuild which will be picked up in aur

aur is just not completly handeling splitted packages :)

enjoy