[aur-general] Abandonware in the AUR

chrislcenter-mamoru at yahoo.com.mx chrislcenter-mamoru at yahoo.com.mx
Thu Oct 27 15:19:29 EDT 2011

Yeah, I am the one who started that discussion on the forums.
My main goal was to ask that the TUs add a direct rule to forbid any kind of warez.Since abandonware is a bit gray area and is easy to make a mistake (thinking something is "abandoned" when actually is NOT), well, I think such rule should forbid abandonware.
IF for several reasons, is considered abandonware is ok. well, then a rule which specify what exactly is "abandonware", like "the company should not exist anymore", etc.
When I created that post, I wasn't plannig to actually report a package... but seeing there is doom2 on aur, well, for the moral reasons I explain there (id software have always supported linux and FOSS) yeah.
I want to ask for deletion the package https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33036
and I think a rule would be useful.
thanks