[aur-general] Orphan request

D. Can Celasun dcelasun at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 17:43:32 EDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 12:07 AM, Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de> wrote:

> Am Sat, 29 Oct 2011 21:22:10 +0300
> schrieb "D. Can Celasun" <dcelasun at gmail.com>:
>
> > Uhm.. if there are no further objections, can someone please go ahead
> > and orphan this?
>
> As Jelle already asked you to do this, you should first send the
> maintainer an e-mail to his e-mail address(es) mentioned in the
> PKGBUILD and in his AUR profile. If you won't get an answer or if he
> won't update the package within two weeks you can send the orphan
> request again.
>
> Heiko

This is the first time I've come across such a thing. Usually (as in, every
single time till now) when the maintainer hasn't cared for *any* of his
packages for *10* months, it is assumed that he is no longer interested in
said package(s). Furthermore, as it can be seen from the AUR page, previous
attempts to contact the maintainer have failed.

If, after all that, I'm still expected to send an e-mail *and* wait for 2
weeks for a reply, I could certainly care less about updating an
insignificant package and do something useful for the community.

Cheers,
Can