[aur-general] [Removal Request] racer-3d

Stefan Wilkens stefanwilkens at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 15:48:59 EDT 2011

> 2011/10/31 Alexander Rødseth <rodseth at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> If you write a note in the comments and orhpan the package, perhaps
> someone else wants to give it a shot?
> I do understand your concern, though.
>
> Best regards,
>   Alexander Rødseth

Alex,

We could, of course; provide the outdated library in the AUR as a
separate package, adjust the game so it will use the old version of
the library and make sure the old and new version of the library can
co-exist without breaking other things.

I did consider this, but it didn't seem very arch or kiss to me. We
are a rolling release distro, why would we strive to keep outdated
software in the repository. Or, in this case, even supply outdated
libraries to enable the outdated software to work. It all seemed
reason enough for removal to me, could you comment on this again?

I'll gladly keep it maintained and add AUR packages for the outdated
libraries if that is what you guys feel is the way to go.

Regards,
Stefan