[aur-general] TU Application

Alexander Rødseth rodseth at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 15:52:53 EDT 2011

Hi,

2011/9/3 Ronald van Haren <pressh at gmail.com>:
> In the meantime, what kind of packages are you interested in maintaining in
> [community]? Do you plan do adopt any orphans? Do you plan to move any new
> packages into [community]?

>From [community] I would be interested in adopting the following orphans:
  netsurf
  hubbub
  fuseiso
  mtpaint

I've used all of these before, and I maintain netsurf-svn and hubbub-svn in AUR.
mtpaint is a great little app if you have forgot the ImageMagick
commandline parameters and don't want to wait for gimp to start up.
Puppy Linux includes mtpaint by default.

I don't have any specific plans for moving any packages, but I would
strongly consider unetbootin [1] and shedskin [2]. I also wouldn't
mind having robotindskitten [3] in [community].

unetbootin is a great tool for putting iso files on usb sticks/drives
in a way that makes them bootable. (Arch is lucky to have such a
clever iso, that works on CD and USB, for i686 and x86_64).

shedskin is my most popular AUR package, for converting Python into C++.

--
Best regards,
   Alexander Rødseth