[aur-general] TU Application

Alexander Rødseth rodseth at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 11:43:00 EDT 2011

Hi,

2011/9/5 keenerd <keenerd at gmail.com>:
> Just to chip in 2 cents on the addinclude thing, does it offer any
> benefit over say
>
> sed -i '1i #include <whatever>'  foo.c

Yes, addinclude can place #includes after the first #ifdef, and it's
enough say "stdio" to insert "#include <stdio.h>".
However, for the particular case of cheesetracker, I agree that sed
could have been used instead.

I promise to use addinclude sparingly in the future, except for the
unlikely event that it should be raised to the glorious status of a
[core] package.

--
Cordially,
   Alexander Rødseth

P.S. Go is included in GCC from version 4.6, so if it's not widespread
yet, I predict that it won't last too long.