[aur-general] Mandatory comment along with OOD-flag

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Wed Sep 14 06:23:54 EDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 04:19:27PM +0200, Martti Kühne wrote:
> > so if some other maintainers experience the same it would be something
> > nice to have.
> >

> Let the ood flag be there, it doesn't hurt anyone if that's not true.
> You already stated it's the latest stable release in the comments, and
> people will eventually check and risk installing it either way. That
> will avoid any trolls be fed. Then you can start thinking about a
> feature request for improving the AUR's functionality in a way that
> makes some more sense. People who would flag a package out of date
> would write a comment like "because it's autof date"

I kind of like the idea of adding a comment field. I wondered why some
package has been flagged out-of-date a couple of times and I think
having an additional comment might make things easier. -1 to making it
mandatory, though. Martti already gave a reason.

Anyway, could you please file a feature request?