[aur-general] Mandatory comment along with OOD-flag

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Tue Sep 20 05:01:43 EDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 11:26:35AM +0200, nem wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 12:23:54 +0200 Lukas Fleischer
> <archlinux at cryptocrack.de> wrote:
> > I kind of like the idea of adding a comment field. I wondered why some
> > package has been flagged out-of-date a couple of times and I think
> > having an additional comment might make things easier. -1 to making it
> > mandatory, though. Martti already gave a reason.
> >
> > Anyway, could you please file a feature request?
>

> i'm not sure what you have in mind by 'additional comment' - but if
> someone _wants_ to make a comment, he probably will anyway in the
> normal comments. another commentfield just for OOD would be redundant,
> or am i missing your point?

A separate comment box on a separate "flag package out-of-date" page
(similar to what archweb does) to

* Allow for sending that comment alongside the notification mail.

* Allow for linking the comment to the out-of-date flag (allows TU to
  quickly check for a reason without having to read all the comments).

* Show some extra information about what "out-of-date" means.