[aur-general] Head over Heels (hoh 1.01-5) download problems

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Fri Sep 23 05:07:56 EDT 2011

[2011-09-23 10:54:23 +0200] SanskritFritz:
> The problem is that makepkg uses wget to download the sources

Just a note: curl will be the default in the next release.

> The previous AUR maintainer of hoh solved this issue simply by hosting the
> file on his site (which is allowed, settled through email with the author).
> Spoofing the user-agent in with 'wget --user-agent' or using curl works ok.
> My question is, what is the recommended way now. Should I host the file
> somewhere, or should I modify the PKGBUILD so that it downloads and unpacks
> the source manually, or is there another way I overlooked?

The cleanest way should be to just add

	DLAGENTS=('http::/usr/bin/curl -fLC - --retry 3 --retry-delay 3 -o %o %u')

next to the source=() array in the PKGBUILD, with a comment explaining
the situation.

--
Gaetan