[aur-general] Removal request

Max Roder maxroder at web.de
Wed Sep 28 11:24:42 EDT 2011

Hi,

rafael ff1 wrote on 09/28/2011 04:12 PM:

> It seems that the requester is the maintainer.
>
> IMHO, if the package can't be updated to newer version with python
> support, should not be flagged as out-of-date.

You're absolutly right. I am the maintainer (sorry, forgot to mention
that) and the package indeed is up-to-date, as it's the latest version
supporting python. But, as the only package depending on
python-libchamplain *was* kismon, and this dependency was dropped, it's
useless (and probably will never be used again, as it *does not support
python* in any current version).

The package was added in one turn with kismon [1], which, as said, does
not depend on it anymore. So I suggest deleting it. The current version
of libchamplain can be found in extra [2].

Max

[2] http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/libchamplain/