[aur-general] Deletion request (?): libxfce4menu-devel, xfce4-notifyd-devel 0.2.1-1

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Sun Apr 8 07:08:53 EDT 2012

Am Sun, 08 Apr 2012 12:20:05 +0200
schrieb Dirk <lowph at lotje.com>:

> I see a lot of package flagged out-of-date on 02 Jun 2011, is this
> some sort of 'marked for deletion'?

No, it's not. Out-of-date means that there is a new version available
from upstream.

Unfortunately some people regularly misuse this button as their own bug
tracker if a package has a bug, e.g. it can't be built anymore for some
reasons.

And some people think that there must come out a new version of this
PKGBUILD (with an incremented $pkgrel) to have this bug fixed, so they
think a package with a bug is an outdated package.

This is totally wrong. Out-of-date means and only means that there's a
new version available from upstream. The comments are for reporting
bugs.

And sometimes people flag a package as out-of-date, write a comment
that there's a new version out while absolutely no new version can't be
found on upstream's website.

> Some of these seem to be up to date. e.g.:
>
> battery-applet-4-xfce4 0.9.1-1
> Build depends on HAL (deprecated, but available in AUR), bu no newer
> version is available upstream.

Unflagged it as out-of-date, since at least on the website given in the
AUR I can't find a newer stable release, too.

Heiko