[aur-general] shotwell...

oliver oliver at first.in-berlin.de
Mon Apr 9 09:53:27 EDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 08, 2012 at 09:36:10PM +0200, Jelle van der Waa wrote:
> On 08/04/12 18:15, Karol Błażewicz wrote:
> > On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 18:13:24 +0200, oliver <oliver at first.in-berlin.de>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Also it confuses me that shotwell is on http://www.archlinux.org
> >> as well as http://aur.archlinux.org
> >
> > You can put any package in the AUR as long as it doesn't use the exact
> > same name as some package from the official repos.
> > shotwell v. shotwell-git is fine.
> >
> > There are tons of such packages. There's usually just one version of a
> > package in the official repos but the AUR can have multiple ones: -git,
> > -light, -no-foo etc.
>
> Sergej is inactive atm, i will look into updating it
[...]

Yes, would be fine to have a newer shotwell.

When I tried to build shotwell from the AUR package
it tried to load "libgexiv2-git".

But that package does not exist.

There only is the package "libgexiv2-git 20110430-1".

So either libgexiv2-git 20110430-1 must be used in the
shotwell package, or maybe the "libgexiv2-git 20110430-1"
will not work togehter with that shotwell version.

Or maybe only "libgexiv2" should be given as dependency, which
is avaialable via pacman. But I don't know if that version
of "libgexiv2" might give problems.

Any ideas on this?

Or would you like to update the shotwell stuff soon?
This would be fine.

Ciao,
   Oliver