[aur-general] Automated Package Removal

Daniel Campbell dlcampbell at gmx.com
Mon Apr 9 17:51:31 EDT 2012

Are you being glib? I achieved what I was aiming for (deleting a package). Given the reponse I got on my observation ('patches welcome'), I don't feel inclined to go through another hoop in yet another department just to be told 'no, do it yourself and we _might_ consider it'. No sense in repeating the popular opinion in another format.

And if most people are happy with the bureaucracy, who am I to change it? It's not my project or my website. I carry no clout or weight among the staff. It would be a waste of time to submit a feature request for something that is clearly against the consensus.

I'd have more luck forking the AUR and hacking it privately, assuming I felt passionately enough about it to spend even more time on the issue.

Tldr: no, it won't achieve anything.

Sent from my Nokia phone