[aur-general] TU application - speps

speps dreamspepser at yahoo.it
Thu Apr 26 21:54:53 EDT 2012

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 00:46:03 +0200
Gaetan Bisson <bisson at archlinux.org> wrote:

> [2012-04-26 21:26:19 +0200] speps:
> > So, from the beginning of my Internet experience, I never referenced to
> > myself through my real name/life, but using a nickname, a digital identity.
>
> Also, your IP address is in the headers.

Not a problem :)

> Anyhow, there is no anonymity debate: different master key holders
> verify different aspects of who you claim to be, and that is all there
> is to it. For instance, they may verify your email address by asking you
> to reply to encrypted messages, or verify your website by asking you to
> upload your public key there. Verifying your identity is another element
> that builds up confidence and reputation, even when it is not directly
> related to your packaging activities. The point being that we get a
> notion of trust a little stronger than "I never saw bad packages coming
> that way."

Hi and thanks for sharing your opinions on the topic.
If I didn't get it wrong, this means real name is not mandatory, but an additional
point that may enforce trust for someone while it confirms relevant informations.

> Speaking of email addresses, could you show us that you own
> dreamspepser at yahoo.it since it is what you used on the AUR?

Here I am

> > As you can see I sign mails with my GPG Key
>
> Could you publish that key somewhere?

Sure, it is already published on the pgp.mit.edu key server
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xCF7037A4F27FB7DA

GPG-Key: 0xF27FB7DA
Key fingerprint: 8840 BD07 FC24 CB7C E394  A07C CF70 37A4 F27F B7DA

> Cheers.

Regards

- speps -