[aur-general] Merge package

rafael ff1 rafael.f.f1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 12:43:31 EDT 2012

2012/8/5 Kevin Vesga <31337h4ck3r at gmail.com>:
> Sébastien Luttringer <seblu at ...> writes:
>

>> On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Kevin Vesga <31337h4ck3r at ...> wrote:
>> > Please merge spicebird-bin [1] into spicebird [2] as the latter has a
>> > better name.
>> >
>> > [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=14716
>> > [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=25331
>> Both packages are unable to download their sources.
>>
> Yes both packages need their PKGBUILDs fixed. But since they're pretty much for
> the same program, might as well merge them first.

May I give my 2 cents on this subject ?

The upstream states in its website's main page that this project is
deprecated and users should use Mozilla Thunderbird. So, I see to
'spicebird-bin' (as there is no binary available anymore) e fix
'spicebird' to build from source for those want to use it for some
reason.

Personally, I think 1st solution is better.

Rafael Ferreira