[aur-general] Removal: i386-haiku-binutils-git

Jonathan Arnold jdarnold at buddydog.org
Fri Aug 10 08:06:33 EDT 2012

On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 21:24:46 -0700
Schala Zeal <schalaalexiazeal at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wanted to resubmit this without the -git suffix since GIT is the
> only means of obtaining this package, as there are no releases of any
> sort. The -git suffix, in this case, would only serve to imply that
> there's a release variant package I'd think.

Personally, I think having -git (or -svn or -bzr, etc) in the package
name is a Good Idea(tm). That makes it much easier to track which
packages need to be updated by "re-installing" them, as the PKGBUILD
doesn't generally change with each new release, thus forcing an update.

Has anyone written a tool that can list the packages I've installed
that get recreated via an SCCS update? I suppose you would have to
parse the PKGBUILD to find that out, if it isn't in the package name.

--
Jonathan Arnold        Webstream: http://hieronymus.soup.io

Talent wins games, but team work and intelligence wins championships.
Michael Jordan