[aur-general] Firefox orphan cleanup

Connor Behan connor.behan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 13:32:28 EDT 2012

On 29/08/12 05:14 AM, Axilleas Pi wrote:
> These are the current firefox-related orphans that could be removed.
> There is no merge required, these are only candidates for removal.
> Happy nuking :p
>
> ------------------
>
> The following packages have a dead source url, I think they are safe
> to remove:
>   firefox-extension-convergence  :
>   firefox-form-widgets           :
>   firefox-nightly-qt-bin         :
>   firefox-nightly-tm             :
>   firefoxqs                      :
>
> ------------------

Deleted.
> The following are orphan and more than six months out-of-date:
>   bluegriffon-bin                     :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=29325  Last Updated: Thu, 20
> Aug 2009 and flagged out of date on 28 Sep 2011.
Deleted.
>   bmundertaker                        :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=35394  Flagged out of date
> since 28 Sep 2011. Needs PKGBUILD to be fixed.
Not deleted because the required change is fairly simple.
>   firefox-esr-bin-de                  :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=56308  Flagged out of date
> since 17 Feb 2012. It's been replaced by firefox-esr as stated in
> comments.
>   firefox-extension-nosquint          :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=52496  Flagged out of date
> since 11 Nov 2011. AUR interface shows a gibberish dependencies array,
> bad written PKGBUILD?
>   firefox-extension-right-encoding    :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=52497  Flagged out of date
> on 11 Nov 2011, although there seems to be the latest version. AUR
> interface shows a gibberish dependencies array, bad written PKGBUILD?
>   firefox-gnome-globalmenu-git        :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=41799  Flagged out of date
> since 16 Nov 2011, the submitter stated that it's no longer working.
Deleted.
>   firefox-hg                          :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=17820  Last Updated: Sat, 01
> Oct 2011, there are comments stating errors in compiling, and one that
> says it doesn't work with gcc4.7.
Not deleted. It is the nature of a large hg tree to sometimes work and
sometimes not.
>   firefox-imglikeopera                :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=26238  Flagged out of date
> since 21 Feb 2011, last Updated: Mon, 04 May 2009.
>   firefox-nightly-debug               :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=54540  Flagged out of date
> since 14 Mar 2012.
>   firefox-pgo-minefield               :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=32030  Flagged out of date
> since 21 Feb 2011, comments are more than 2 years old stating that it
> doesn't compile.
Deleted.
>   firefox-qt-hg                       :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=40997  Last Updated: Sat, 23
> Oct 2010, there is a comment with a working PKGBUILD, don't know if it
> should be nuked.
Not deleted.
>   firefox-requestpolicy               :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=56861  Last Updated: Tue, 21
> Feb 2012, I flagged it out of date.
>   firefox-theme-bloomind-ft-deepdark  :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=52498  Last Updated: Fri, 03
> Feb 2012, there is a new version, I flagged it out of date.
>   logmein-client                      :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=21551  Last Updated: Thu, 13
> Aug 2009, last comment was on 15 Jun 2011, which stated there was an
> update. I coudn't find the source on their website.
Deleted
>   sakura-exo                          :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=56156 Last Updated: Fri, 27
> Jan 2012, I flagged it out of date.
Not deleted. Sounds like a useful package so we should wait before
deleting it.
>   status-4-evar                       :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=42663 Last Updated: Sun, 20
> Mar 2011, I flagged it out of date.
>   tabmixplus-beta                     :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=38654 Flagged out of date
> since 22 Mar 2011.
Deleted.
>   zeitgeist-dataprovider-firefox      :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=44741  Doesn't compile, out
> of date since 05 Sep 2011.
Not deleted because I think I know what the problem is.
>   firefox-extension-firefoxnotify-git :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37443  2 year old package,
> works only with ff 3.6.
Deleted.
>   firefox-extension-color-toggle      :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=52552 Only orphan but seems
> to work.
Not deleted.

> ------------------
>
> The following are orphan and less than six months out-of-date. It's up
> the TUs to decide:
>   firefox-aurora           :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=48216  Orphan but used by
> many users. Could be adopted.
>   firefox-beta-bin-es-es   :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=40465  Flagged out of date
> since 27 Jun 2012. Could be adopted.
>   firefox-beta-bin-it      :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=40413  Flagged out of date
> since 11 Jul 2012. Could be adopted.
>   firefox-nightly-russian  :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=50673  Flagged out of date
> since 18 Jul 2012. Could be adopted.
>   firefox-oss              :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57710  Flagged out of date
> since 06 Jun 2012. Could be adopted.
>   firefox-qt               :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22050  Flagged out of date
> since 25 Aug 2012. Could be adopted.
>   firefox-system-cairo     :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=59634  Last Updated: Wed, 30
> May 2012, flagged out of date since 06 Jun 2012.

Didn't delete any of these... maybe other TUs want to? Thanks a lot!