[aur-general] Package deletion request

Robert Knauer robert at privatdemail.net
Fri Dec 28 09:35:50 EST 2012

On 28.12.2012 15:28, Charles Pigott wrote:
> Ha, got it wrong :L
>
> Several problems with that:
> - http://www.transporttycoon.net/where does not contain anywhere you
> can download the files
> - What do you mean "no unfree files in the source package" ? ALL those
> files are unfree and are only available (legally) from the TTD CD

Okay, download was the wrong word... On the page linked in the PKGBUILD
are links for buying TTD to get the files.
And if you look into the package tarball[1], you can see that there are
no unfree files, only the PKGBUILD.
The purpose of the package is that you download the PKGBUILD, buy TTD,
copy the files from TTD into the directory with the PKGBUILD, run
makepkg and install the package you got. There's nothing illegal about
it and in my opinion no reason to delete the package from AUR.

Regards,
Robert

[1]
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/op/openttd-ttdwin/openttd-ttdwin.tar.gz

--
GnuPG-Key: EDC67BBA
Fingerprint: D5F0 BC03 3F6D 521C 6F2D  40C8 DDBA 25D9 EDC6 7BBA