[aur-general] disowning a couple of packages

Thomas Dziedzic gostrc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 09:02:00 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 6:40 AM, Peter Lewis <plewis at aur.archlinux.org> wrote:

>> Sorry, but I stand by my decision and will not be maintaining sage any
>> longer.
>
> I don't blame you at all, though this is a shame, since the idea of sage was
> so promising.
>
> Perhaps distros and others like us should be making upstream aware of how
> difficult maintaining it can be, given the way they organise it all, and how
> this is leading us to drop it from our repos. Apologies if you've already
> tried this.
>
> Pete.

I've already talked with upstream a while ago about relying less on
internal patched libs/bins and their custom build system.
They were strongly opposed to it because they wanted it to work on all
systems consistently.
Ironically its their system which is making me drop it due to being
buggy and unreasonably complicated.