[aur-general] Which aur uploader is better, aurploader or burp?

Axilleas P markeleas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 03:50:47 EST 2012

2012/2/17 Mike Sampson <mike at sambodata.com>

> 2012/2/17 郑文辉(Techlive Zheng) <techlivezheng at gmail.com>:
> >>>
> >> [snip]
> >>
> >> I was using aurploader until recently but gave burp a go after I tried
> >> cower by the same aurthor. I really liked cower and burp looks a
> >> little more snappy to me than aurploader.
> >>
> >> Mike
> >
> > I am using yaourt for a while and it is painfull to choose between so
> > much aur helps.
> >
> > How about cower compare to yaourt?
>
> I can't really compare yaourt and cower as I never used an aur helper
> before (except aurploader for uploading).
>
> I used to use a simple BASH script to download and extract the
> tarballs containing the PKGBUILDs, etc but this was getting difficult
> to manage, ie no searching or notification of new package updates.
>
> Those are the features of cower I use the most, search and status of
> packages. It works well for me.
>
> Mike

FYI cower and burp are developed by Dave Reisner, a current developer of
pacman ;)
Cower can't be compared to yaourt as it only downloads packages doesn't
build them.
I use both cower and burp, they are very handy when you work with a
terminal :)

--
(\_ /) copy the bunny to your profile
(0.o ) to help him achieve world domination.