[aur-general] About several svn2git package....

郑文辉(Techlive Zheng) techlivezheng at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 16:05:19 EST 2012

In AUR, there are two svn2git packages, [svn2git][1] and [svn2git-git][2].

At first, I thought that the later one is the git version of the
first,then it turns out that they are to different packages.

The first one is Kevin Menard's ruby version, accturally a ruby gem.
Here is the project page: https://github.com/nirvdrum/svn2git

The second one is Thomas Zander's c version svn2git, hosted on
http://gitorious.org. Here is the project page:
http://gitorious.org/svn2git/svn2git

I can't tell the deference between them, but I think it is better one
of them changed to an other name. Condering the first one is an ruby
gem package, so if it is better to change it to ruby-nirvdrum-svn2git
or nirvdrum-svn2git in which nirvdrum-svn2git is the gem name.

I am not sure about this, so I post here to ask you guys' opinion.