[aur-general] About several svn2git package....

郑文辉(Techlive Zheng) techlivezheng at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 04:42:58 EST 2012

在 2012年2月19日 上午5:56,Alireza Savand <alireza.savand at gmail.com> 写道:
> The projects names are same to the aur pkg's names, it's better
> to mention the diffrents in PKGBUILD's pkgdesc, not to change the aur names!
>
> 2012/2/19 郑文辉(Techlive Zheng) <techlivezheng at gmail.com>
>
>> 2012/2/19 郑文辉(Techlive Zheng) <techlivezheng at gmail.com>:
>> > In AUR, there are two svn2git packages, [svn2git][1] and
>> [svn2git-git][2].
>> >
>> > At first, I thought that the later one is the git version of the
>> > first,then it turns out that they are to different packages.
>> >
>> > The first one is Kevin Menard's ruby version, accturally a ruby gem.
>> > Here is the project page: https://github.com/nirvdrum/svn2git
>> >
>> > The second one is Thomas Zander's c version svn2git, hosted on
>> > http://gitorious.org. Here is the project page:
>> > http://gitorious.org/svn2git/svn2git
>> >
>> > I can't tell the deference between them, but I think it is better one
>> > of them changed to an other name. Condering the first one is an ruby
>> > gem package, so if it is better to change it to ruby-nirvdrum-svn2git
>> > or nirvdrum-svn2git in which nirvdrum-svn2git is the gem name.
>> >
>> > I am not sure about this, so I post here to ask you guys' opinion.
>>
>> Sorry, forgot the link.
>>
>> [1]:https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=55337
>> [2]:http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37209

There may be a confuse.

https://github.com/nirvdrum/svn2git can be package as svn2git and
svn2git-git, http://gitorious.org/svn2git/svn2git also can be package
as svn2git and svn2git-git.There will be conflict.

As I mentioned, https://github.com/nirvdrum/svn2git is a ruby gem
package, according to [Arch Ruby Gem Package
Guildlines](https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ruby_Gem_Package_Guidelines),
the name can be set to ruby-svn2git and ruby-svn2git-git, this way,
there will be no confusion and conflict.

One can have them both installed on a same machine.