[aur-general] ruby 1.9.3_p125-1 in [extra]

Peter Lewis plewis at aur.archlinux.org
Sat Feb 25 15:46:39 EST 2012

On Saturday 25 Feb 2012 13:43:39 Thomas Dziedzic wrote:
> I have released ruby 1.9.3_p125 into [extra].

Great work, Thomas.

> As a result of the above change, all ruby gem packages will have to
> add a --no-user-install flag when running gem in the PKGBUILD.

Aaahh, ha haa.. I hadn't quite realised this when we were discussing this
before. This is going to affect a lot of packages... where will they install
things within the $pkgdir structure without this flag? I guess it will depend
on how the package is being built.. (i.e. using devtools, makepkg as a user
etc...)?

Is there a way to generate a list of packages that this affects? I.e. all
those which use gem to install stuff within the PKGBUILD?

Pete.