[aur-general] [Review request] chrontel-wetab-rpm

Markus Unterwaditzer markus at unterwaditzer.net
Sun Jan 8 05:54:18 EST 2012

The architecture is x86_64, because the package itself is for the WeTab only, which is x86_64. I dont think it fails to build on i686, but there it would be useless.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Florian Pritz <bluewind at xinu.at> wrote:

On 08.01.2012 10:23, Markus Unterwaditzer wrote:
> Could somebody look at this package

> and tell me if the PKGBUILD is okay and "standards compilant"?

You could replace the version in _rpmname with $pkgver so it's easier to
update.

Why is $arch x86_64 only and not i686? Does it fail to build on i686?

Use install -Dm755 in package() when you are installing binaries.
-D will create the target directory automatically so you don't need
mkdir and -m755 will ensure that the permissions are correct.

> cp "${srcdir}/${_rpmextractname}/resources/fw7036.bin" "${pkgdir}/lib/firmware/chrontel"

If you do something like this please either add a slash at the end so
it's obvious that chrontel is a directory or just add the whole filename.

Looks good otherwise.

--
Florian Pritz